Customer Service Standards
Customer service is at the centre of everything we do. We aim to ensure our customers receive a quality service at all times and are satisfied with their customer journey when engaging with the Economic Development and Regeneration team. To achieve this we will listen to your comments and feedback and strive to learn from them to continuously improve the service that we give you.
Below is an outline of the standards that our customers can expect from us.
- Our office opening hours and locations will be clearly displayed and published on appropriate service web pages, and on leaflets and posters.
- Staff will provide clear and accurate information to all customers about the services available that we provide.
- The scope and limits of our services will be clearly explained at first point of contact.
Timeliness - Customer Enquiries
- We will acknowledge your enquiry within 1-3 working days.
- We will deal with your enquiry in a professional, friendly and helpful manner.
- We will ask questions, when appropriate, to help us to identify what you are looking for and a service that meets your needs and requirements.
- We will give a full response to all enquiries within 5 working days. We will advise the customer if it is not possible to achieve this timescale and agree a revised response date with and to the customer's satisfaction.
- We will give our customers real time updates to ensure that they are kept up to date on the progress of their enquiry.
- We will answer all telephone calls promptly and courteously, identifying ourselves by name and service.
- Client confidentiality will be maintained at all times.
Information and Accessibility
- All publicity, information and other materials will use plain and clear language.
- All the information provided will be concise, accurate, up to date, relevant and of the highest standard.
- All published information will be available, on request, in various languages and accessible formats.
- Every effort will be made to meet the needs and requirements of customers with disabilities. Where our facilities are not accessible, we will offer a one-to-one service that meet the needs and requirements of to our customers.
- It is important to us that you receive the best possible service, delivered to the highest possible standard.
- Our staff will continuously improve their skills and knowledge to ensure that you receive a high standard of service.
- Our staff will treat all customers in a polite and respectful manner.
- Our staff will treat each customer professionally and fairly.
- Our staff will treat each customer attentively and sensitively in accordance with their needs.
- We will acknowledge all complaints received within 5 working days
- We aim to complete investigation of your complaint within 20 days in 95% of cases
- We will advise you if it is not possible to achieve this target, give reasons why and agree a revised response date with the complainant.
How we make sure our standards are met
We receive feedback about the services that we deliver from postal, e-mail and online surveys. The information we receive is collated in our Economic Development and Regeneration spreadsheet. We monitor this information on a monthly or quarterly basis depending on the service. We measure our performance against 5 key drivers of satisfaction which are excellent, very good, good, satisfactory or dissatisfied. Reports about our customer surveys, complaints and local monitoring of standards are presented to the Council's senior managers.
The Customer Service Standards describes the levels of service you can expect from Economic Development and Regeneration service. For full details of how we make sure our standards are monitored and met, please follow this link: Customer Service Standards [288kb]
These service standards were adopted in February 2019