Search site

Benefits Advice

If you are on a low income, you may be entitled to social security benefits to help make ends meet

How can the Advice Shop help you ?

  • Benefit checks
  • Help to fill in claim forms
  • Assistance to appeal unfair decisions and representation at your Tribunal
  • Help to resolve problems with your benefits and tax credits

What could you claim ?

Low Income Benefits

Low income benefits can help top up your income if you low earnings or are out of work.  You may also be entitled to help with your rent and Council Tax.

  • Jobseeker Allowance
  • Income Support
  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Universal Credit
  • Working Tax Credit
  • Housing Benefit and Council Tax Reduction
Health Related Benefits

These benefits maybe available to you if you are unfit for work or have health problems or disabilities which affect your day to day life.

  • Employment and Support Allowance
  • Disability Living Allowance
  • Personal Independence Payment
  • Attendance Allowance
Family Related Benefits

You maybe entitled to some of these benefits, if you are expecting a child or already have a family.

  • Statutory Maternity Pay
  • Maternity Allowance
  • Child Benefit
  • Child Tax Credit
  • Sure Start Maternity Grant
  • Healthy Start Vouchers
Pension Age Benefits

There are a range of benefits available to people who have reached a qualifying age.  This may entitle you to extra income, as the minimum amount you need to live on will increase after you reach qualifying age.

  • State Pension
  • Pension Credit
  • Attendance Allowance

The Advice Shop can provide you with a benefit check to see if you are entitled to any of these benefits or tax credits.  You would need to provide the following information:-

  • Details to everyone who lives in your household
  • Income details for you and your partner, if you have one
  • Any child care costs you need to pay
  • Your total rent charge either weekly or monthly
  • If you have a mortgage, the total amount outstanding
  • Your Council Tax Band
  • Total savings or Capital you have - this includes any property or land you own, other than the home you live in

If you would like more information, or for an Adviser to contact you, please complete our Online Form