Search site
Money Advice Banner

Money and Debt Advice

Advice and support for anyone dealing with money, debt or housing issues.

You will be seen by an officer who will take details of your enquiry and, if possible, assist you to resolve your issues. If your enquiry is more complex, you will be referred to our dedicated money advice team and you will be allocated a case worker who will work with you in the longer term to bring your debts under control.

What We Do

  • Help to deal with secured or unsecured debts
  • Assistance with Council Tax arrears
  • Negotiation with creditors on your behalf
  • Advice on bankruptcy
  • Help to access different government schemes for dealing with debts

How we can help

You can make an appointment with one of our money advisors to discuss your situation. It is vital that our advisors have as much information as possible in order to determine the various solutions available for you. The information we require includes:

  • Your personal details and how we can contact you
  • Marital status
  • Children - number and ages
  • Employment details if you are working
  • Partner's employment details if applicable
  • Details of any benefits you receive - which benefit and how much you get
  • Housing tenure - council, private let, housing association or home owner
  • If you are an owner occupier, market value and secured borrowing outstanding
  • Type of debt
  • Reason for debt

To make an appointment call 01506 283000 (option 3)