Business Gateway Advisers are experienced in establishing and assessing suitability of schemes that can offer financial assistance to companies that are either starting out, established or relocating to West Lothian.
Funding opportunities include
Starting a new business:
- Introduction to Business Grant: This funding is part our our in-depth support to help people develop viable business plans and access sources of funding. This support aims to give people the best possible start in their new business venture. Sustained aftercare support is also provided once businesses have been set-up. Maximum grant of £500 for eligible businesses.
- High Growth Start Up Grant: Exclusive to businesses within the first 18 months of trading. Business can receive grant support of up to £2,000 to bring new products to market, attend trade events and build capacity within the business leading to additional employment.
Planning a project:
- Project Grant: Up to £10,000 against at least £20,000 of eligible costs. Aims to help firms enhance their competitive edge through capacity building and efficiency improvements
- There are various grants available to help you train and employ staff including the Steps N2 Work wage subsidy programme, Jobs Grant, Training Grant and advisers who can provide Specialist Employment Advice
Growing your business:
- Growth Assistance Project: Support will be considered for projects involving total eligible costs of at least £100,000, with typical grant awarded being £45,000. Applicants need to demonstrate that the proposed project will be strategic to the development of the business by improving competitiveness and creating (or safeguarding) jobs.
- Business Loan Scotland: Offers secured, gap loans of up to £50,000 to viable West Lothian businesses in priority economic sectors including manufacturing, engineering and technology. It aims to ensure that commercially viable proposals do not fail from a lack of access to finance. BLS, as a public sector owned fund, can provide up to 50% of the funding package required to help grow your business. The balance of the funding package must be provided by the private sector, usually from the owners, directors or banks.
- Food and Drink Grant: For companies involved in the food and drink supply chain a grant of up to £100,000 is available
- Training Grant: Can be accessed by businesses recruiting and training new staff or upskilling existing employees, a grant of up to £100,000 is available.
Your key contact for information and assistance with relocating to West Lothian is Jim Henderson, Business Gateway Manager. Tel: 01506 283084 or email: email@example.com.
European Regional Development Fund (ERDF)
Through Business Gateway West Lothian, businesses can access fully or partly funded consultancy support from a specialist who would provide tailored, expert advice in order to develop strategies in selected business disciplines. The Expert Help Programme is designed to support businesses looking to grow and develop their business by increasing their turnover in the next 3 years