Picnics and Barbecues (BBQ)
The Park offers beautiful woodland walks, picnic areas with seating and a barbeque facility. Whilst visiting the park why not have a barbeque with your group.
- The barbeque unit, tables, seats and bins are provided for hire and sessions run daily from 27 March to 1 November 2020
- The barbeque facility is available from 10am - 2pm, 2.30pm - 5.30pm and 6pm - 10pm
- The Barbeque Pits are located at the Balvormie area of the park, close to the public toilets and play area -
Please note that small groups of less than 10 persons with disposable barbecues, can make use of two picnic tables adjacent to Balvormie car park that have metal plates attached to them, on the condition that they place their BBQ on the metal plate, extinguish their disposable BBQ after use and place the cold BBQ and all refuse in Park bins. No other BBQs are allowed within the Park due to the high fire risk. For further information on hiring the Beecraigs BBQ units, go to our Facilities Hire page.
Barbecue Rules of Use
- Abide by Parks & Woodland's Management Rules, including no undue disturbance/annoyance to other Park users or which interferes with their peaceful enjoyment of the countryside
- Ensure planned activities during visit are approved by the Country Park in advance
- Consumption of alcohol by over 18's only is allowed within the barbecue areas by those issued with the appropriate permit.
- Responsible adults (over 18's) must be in attendance throughout the booking to supervise the group
- Booking fees are non-returnable. Alternative dates within the current season are not given due to adverse weather conditions
- The barbecue facility is available from 10am to 10pm., Monday to Sunday inclusive. For the opening and closing dates of this facility please contact the Visitor Centre of the respective Country Park
- Barbecue groups must not leave any litter or rubbish within the Country Park, except in the receptacles specifically provided for use of the barbecue sites. Groups must make prior arrangement to remove any excess refuse. Failure to do so will result in an additional charge of £20 per hour for additional maintenance services
- Only charcoal should be used on the barbecue units. Groups must bring with them charcoal, firelighters, matches, aluminium foil, tools, etc. as required. It is recommended that you allow approximately 5 kilos of charcoal per 25 persons. Allow 1 hour before starting to cook. This will avoid tainting of food from the fire lighting agent. Gas barbecues are not permitted
- Hot coals must be left within the firebox. Never put hot coals into litter bins or onto the ground
- Disposable barbecues can be used on the metal stands placed on designated picnic tables
- For safety reasons, gazebos and tents are not permitted
- Extra litter bags are available from the Visitor Centres
Barbecue prices and booking details
- Barbecue Booking Fee per session £27.15
- Barbecue Reduced Rate available (morning or afternoon) mid-week excluding Public Holidays for 15 or less persons £20.35
- Barbeque application forms are available from the Visitor Centre or use our Barbecue (BBQ) Hire - Online Booking Form
If you wish to host activities and events within the Country Park, charges may apply. Please check with Visitor Centre staff before organising your event. All groups using the Country Park are asked to please register their details at the Visitor Centre in advance of their visit.
Disposable barbecues are allowed on the designated picnic table stands only