Nominations sought Celebrating Sport 2018 awards
West Lothian residents are being asked to put forward the area's best athletes, coaches, officials and volunteers for special recognition.
Nominations are now open for the Celebrating Sport 2018 awards, to honour the achievements of local people, schools and clubs for their dedication to local sport.
Finalists and guests will be invited to the awards ceremony which takes place at Burgh Halls on Thursday 29 November.
Nominations are invited in the following categories for the period 1 September 2017 to 31 August 2018:
• Sports Person Award
• Community Coach of the Year Award
• Contribution to School Sport Award
• Local Service to Sport Award
• Club of the Year Award
For the full criteria, and how to nominate, please visit Active West Lothian. Nominations must be submitted by Friday 12 October.
Executive councillor for culture and leisure, Dave King, said "Celebrating Sport provides us with the opportunity to honour the dedication and commitment of our local athletes, clubs, coaches and volunteers in West Lothian.
"We would encourage people to nominate any individuals of clubs who deserve recognition for their contribution to sport in West Lothian and further afield in the categories listed."
Last year's very deserving winners were:
• Contribution to School Sport Winner - St Margaret's School Sport Team
• Local Service to Sport Winner - Ramsay Thomson
• Club of the Year Winner - Broxburn United Sport Club
• Coach of the Year Winner - Michael Harkins
• Sports Person of the Year Winner - John Kean
• Gold School Sport Awards: Harrysmuir Primary; Howden St Andrew's Primary; St Margaret's Academy and Williamston Primary.