Carmondean Connected (Deans)
Carmondean Connected is located beside the health centre at Carmondean Centre, Deans, Livingston.
It provides the full range of library services, as well as access to the Council's Customer Information Service (CIS), Access2Employment advisers and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Carmondean Connected provides a comprehensive library service including:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Boardmaker software
- High Vis/Large key keyboard
- Free replacement hearing aid batteries
- 14 pcs with free computer access for adults and 4 pcs in the junior area
- Free WiFi
The Customer Information Service can answer queries regarding:
- Benefit advice
- Bin calendars
- Blue Badges
- Bulky uplifts
- Concessionary travel
- Council tax
- Housing applications etc
CIS Opening Hours
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
- Wednesday: 11.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Closed for lunch 1.00pm - 2.00pm each day
Self service Payment Kiosk also available on site
Free WiFi is now available in the library.
- Disabled parking bays available nearby in supermarket car park
- Local bus stop is approximately a five minute walk away
- Main door has disabled push button access
- Disabled toilet
- Hearing induction loop system
Please note there will be no Lego club or Adult book group on 4th Feb as the library is closed for annual stock check.
Stories, songs & rhymes for babies, toddlers & pre-school children. Bring a grown-up with you to share in the fun.
- Monday - 10th & 24th February at 10.30am.
- Tuesday 18th February 4pm-5pm. Places are limited so if you would like to attend please speak to library staff or telephone 01506 777602.
- Friday's 13th and 27th February from 1.30pm-2.30pm. Please contact the library on 01506 777602 for further information.
Adult Book Group - No meeting in February
- New members welcome at this book group which usually meets on the first Tuesday of the month.
Councillor Robert de Bold, Councillor Dom McGuire and Councillor Alison Adamson hold surgeries in Carmondean Connected. Please contact the library for more information.
Tel. 01506 777602 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access 2Employment advisers are available in the library, providing continuing support tailored around the individual so that they are equipped with employability skills that meet the needs of employers, recognising that one size does not fit all. Advisers help people to develop confidence or advise on preparing CVs, provide interview guidance, assist with the completion of application forms and provide overall employability support.
Service available on Monday:
Morning: appointments only from 10am
Afternoon: drop-in session - 1pm - 4pm
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service is located in Carmondean Connected, Deans, Livingston.