Building Standards Register
The Building Standards Register allows you to view information relating to building warrant applications, completion certificates and all formal enforcement action taken under the Building (Scotland) Act 2003.
As verifiers in terms of Section 24 of the Building (Scotland) Act 2003 we maintain a register of Building Warrants, Completion Certificates and Enforcement Notices.
The online building standards register will allow you to search for or check the status of a building warrant, completion certificate submission or enforcement case for a property. The information contained within this online register dates back to January 1986.
The Building Standards Register is split into two parts.
Part 1 contains property data and is available online to anyone.
Part 2 contains supporting documents, specification and plans is available for viewing with certain restrictions. Viewing (which is by appointment only) can be arranged at Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston by contacting Building Standards.
For your information;
Part 1 of the register should contain:
- details of any certificates from approved certifiers of design or construction submitted with warrants and completion certificates,
- any conditions relating to grants of warrants,
- any enforcement notices when issued, altered or withdrawn and
- any continuing requirements imposed by warrant.
Part 2 of the register should contain:
- copies of warrants and completion certificates, including certificates from approved certifiers of design and construction
- the principle drawings and specifications
- other documents submitted by verifiers for registration in connection with particular projects
- any copies of energy performance certificates and any statement of sustainability (new buildings only)