A new service has been introduced to allow residents to access their bin calendar online.
To access the service, customers simply visit the council's website, enter their postcode and select their house/flat number to check the dates of their next scheduled collections.
The new online service has allowed the council to stop distributing paper recycling calendars to each household in West Lothian. This will help to significantly reduce the impact on the environment.
The new online service:
- allows customers to access their bin collection dates within a few seconds from their phone, tablet or PC
- features the option of printing off a calendar. (Once you have selected your property, you can download a copy of your calendar onto your phone, tablet or PC, or print it)
- allows customers to add their bin collection dates to their preferred calendar on their phone, tablet or PC
- can send e-mail reminders upon free subscription
- will be more responsive than a paper calendar as it can be updated for temporary service changes, such as collections during holiday periods
Executive councillor for the environment, Tom Conn, said "More and more customers are requesting and accessing information and services online. According to the Office for National Statistics around 90% of Scottish households have internet access and that figure is increasing each year. It is only right that the council adapts services to ensure our services are easily accessible online.
"This new system is very easy to use and access, and provides a wide range of functions. Many customers have requested this online service and we are sure that it will make it easier for customers to access bin collection information.
"The new calendar lookup service can be used to remind customers which bin to put out when, what goes in each bin. It is also flexible and responsive if there are changes to the scheduled collections at holiday times."
The calendar is available on the West Lothian Council website at www.westlothian.gov.uk/bins
If individuals do not have access to online services, or have anyone to print out a calendar for them, calendar information can be accessed at any council Library office. Staff at any council Library office can assist. Customers should visit their local facility and ask a member of staff.