Search site

Adapt Your Home

At some stage in your life you may find that your home is no longer suitable for you. This may be because you find the layout of the house difficult if you are ill, elderly or disabled.

In these circumstances you can either apply to move home or explore your options to adapt your current home to meet your needs. A Property Needs Assessment (PNA) allows applicants to be assessed in accordance with their property needs. An application can be found attached to the Applying for a Council house, if you are applying for housing for the first time.

Ways in which your home could be adapted include:

  • Installing a shower over a bath
  • Changing the height of worktops and kitchen units
  • Providing grab rails

If you already have your name on the Housing List a PNA application can be obtained from your local Customer Information Service. The application comes with guidance notes providing useful information to help you to complete the form.

For full and detailed information on all tenancy related issues and most frequently asked questions - including those mentioned here, please refer to the Equipment and Adaptions page.

Reporting Repairs

To request a repair instead of adapting your home, you can report your repair online.