Carmondean Connected (Deans)
Carmondean Connected (Deans)
Carmondean Connected is located beside the health centre at Carmondean Centre, Deans, Livingston.
It provides the full range of library services, as well as access to the Council's Customer Information Service (CIS), Access2Employment advisers and Macmillan Cancer Support.
Carmondean Connected provides a comprehensive library service including:
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- 14 pcs with free computer access for adults and 4 pcs in the junior area
- Free WiFi
Library Opening Hours
Monday & Friday: 10am - 5pm
Tuesday & Thursday: 10am - 7pm
Wednesday: 11am - 5pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Customer Information Service
There will be no CIS service available in Carmondean Connected on Thursday 28 June 2018 and Friday 29 June 2018. Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
The Customer Information Service can answer queries regarding:
- Benefit advice
- Bin calendars
- Blue Badges
- Bulky uplifts
- Concessionary travel
- Council tax
- Housing applications etc
CIS Opening Hours
Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Friday: 10.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Wednesday: 11.00am - 1.00pm and 2.00pm - 4.00pm
Closed for lunch 1.00pm - 2.00pm each day
Self service Payment Kiosk also available on site
Free WiFi is now available in the library.
- Disabled parking bays available nearby in supermarket car park
- Local bus stop is approximately a five minute walk away
- Main door has disabled push button access
- Disabled toilet
- Hearing induction loop system
- JAWS software
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Bookbug Sessions
Stories, songs & rhymes for babies, toddlers & pre-school children. Bring a grown-up with you to share in the fun.
- Thursday 12 & 26 July at 10.30am.
- Thursday 9 & 23 August at 10.30am.
- Summer Reading Challenge
Sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge from Friday 22 June, read six books, take part in fun activities and get rewards - and all for free! Open to primary school aged children of all reading abilities. Speak to library staff for more details and to register. The challenge takes place from 2 July to 17 August 2018.
Carmondean Connected Summer Reading Challenge Events
- Cheeky Monkey and Bookmark Crafts, Thursday 5 July, 2.30pm
- Badge Making Crafts, Tuesday 10 July, 2.30pm
- Magic Show, Thursday 19 July, 2.30pm
- Sleepover for Naughty Toys, Tuesday 24 July at 2.30pm
- Drop-in Summer Craft & Activity Sessions
- Design a jumper from Dennis the Menace, week beginning Monday 2 July.
- Design a Bookmark, week beginning Monday 9 July.
- Design a skateboard for Dennis the Menace, week beginning Monday 16 July.
- Book review, week beginning Monday 23 July.
- Treasure Hunt, week beginning Monday 30 July.
- Create a recipe for Desperate Dan's Pie, week beginning 6 August.
- Lego Club
Carmondean Connected are starting up a monthly Lego Club on Saturdays at 10.30am. Places are limited so if you would like to attend please speak to library staff or telephone 01506 777602.
Next sessions are:
- Saturday 30 June at 10.30am
- Saturday 28 July at 10.30am
- Tales From Your Town
The Edinburgh Book Festival and writer and TV historian Daniel Gray want to hear your thoughts about Livingston - past, present and future.
Daniel has been working for the Book Festival as a Writer-in-Residence across all five of Scotland's New Towns. He will be manning a pop-up story stall at Carmondean Connected on Thursday 26 July from 10.30am until 4pm. Come and share your stories and thoughts with him.
- Adult Book Group
New members welcome at this book group which usually meets on the first Tuesday of the month. The next meeting takes place on Tuesday 3 July at 3.00pm.
- Councillor's Surgeries
Councillor Robert de Bold, Councillor Dom McGuire and Councillor Alison Adamson hold surgeries in Carmondean Connected. Please contact the library for more information.
Tel. 01506 777602 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Access 2Employment advisers are available in the library, providing continuing support tailored around the individual so that they are equipped with employability skills that meet the needs of employers, recognising that one size does not fit all. Advisers help people to develop confidence or advise on preparing CVs, provide interview guidance, assist with the completion of application forms and provide overall employability support.
Service available on Monday:
Morning: appointments only from 10am
Afternoon: drop-in session - 1.00pm - 4.00pm
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Centre
Macmillan Cancer Information and Support Service is located in Carmondean Connected, Deans, Livingston.