Located within Strathbrock Partnership Centre, the library offers the full range of library services, including free access to public computers.
Broxburn Library offers free access to computers as well as a comprehensive selection of stock for people of all ages.
- Books for children, young people and adults
- Talking books
- Large Print books
- Book Group
- Bookbug sessions
- Seven pcs with free computer access
Monday & Tuesday: 8.30am - 5pm
Wednesday: 8.30am - 3pm
Thursday: 8.30am - 7pm
Friday: 8.30am - 4pm
Saturday: 9am - 1pm
Free WiFi is now available in the library.
- Ten disabled parking bays for centre
- Local bus route stops in at centre
- Local bus stop on main road is approximately a five minute walk away
- Main doors are automatic or have disabled push button access
- JAWS software
- Large keyboard available
- Quick reads and High Low books available
- Bookbug sessions
Stories, songs & rhymes for babies, toddlers & pre-school children. Bring a grown-up with you to share in the fun.
- Tuesday 3, 17 & 31 July
- Wednesday 4 & 18 July
- Saturday 28 July at 10.30am
- Wednesday 1, 15 & 29 August
- Tuesday 14 & 28 August
- Saturday 25 August at 10.30am
- Summer Reading Challenge
Sign up for the Summer Reading Challenge from Friday 22 June, read six books, take part in fun activities and get rewards - and all for free! Open to primary school aged children of all reading abilities. Speak to library staff for more details and to register. The challenge takes place from 2 July to 17 August 2018.
- Broxburn Library Summer Reading Challenge Events
- Storytime and Treasure Hunt, 12 July at 2pm
- Storywriting and Crafts, 19 July at 2pm
- Thursday Reading Book Group
This meets on the last Thursday of the month at 5.30pm. If you are interested in reading, meeting people and having a chat over a tea/coffee, then come along and join in. Next meetings are:
- Thursday 28 June
- Thursday 26 July
- Job Search Support
Job search support is currently offered in the library by a member of staff from Job Centre Plus, and includes help with uploading CVs and discussing cover letters. This takes place at the library public access computers at the following times:
- Mondays 9am - 12noon
- Tuesdays 9am - 12noon
- Wednesdays 9am - 12noon
- Thursdays 2pm- 5pm
- Fridays 9am - 12noon
- Community Museum Display: Call to Arms
The exhibition explores how life in West Lothian was affected by the war and the sacrifices and bravery shown by local men on the front line. The display includes a whistle blown at 7.30am on the 1st July 1916 as the men went over the top; the marked the start of the Battle of the Somme.