Search site

Standards and Policies

Housing, Customer and Building Services have Customer Service Commitments to abide by to ensure they perform well for their customers. It is important you let us know if you think our commitments have been broken.


The Scottish Housing Regulator's Landlord Reports are now available on the Scottish Social Housing Charter. To find out how West Lothian Council or your Registered Social Landlord has performed, follow this link to Scottish Housing Regulator - Find and compare landlords.

Complaints and Significant Performance Failures

Housing, Customer and Building Services are committed to providing high-quality customer service but if something goes wrong or you are dissatisfied with our services, please tell us. For more information on how to make a complaint please visit West Lothian Council's complaints page.

If you are a tenant and are aware of a significant performance failure you should follow this link to the pdf icon Scottish Housing Regulator guide to complaints and performance failures [48kb]. It describes the difference between a complaint and a significant performance failure. It lets you know what you should do under each circumstance and tells you who you should report a complaint or a significant performance failure to. 

Policies and Strategies