Gritting and Winter Maintenance
In the winter months, West Lothian Council has to treat 1,000 km of roads and around 1,280 km of footways to combat the effects of bad weather. Further information, including advice on winter driving can be found below.
- About our Winter Service Our Winter Service normally operates from 31 October until 1 April. It is important to appreciate that it is not possible to treat all routes simultaneously.
- Gritter Tracker This tracker aims to allow you to view the gritters deployed when treatment is deemed necessary.
- Report a Grit Bin Issue You can request a grit bin to be refilled, request a a replacement grit bin where it is missing, damaged or broken, or request a grit bin where one isn't present, using the online form below.
- Gritting Routes The Council's Winter Service Policy has classified specific roads and footpaths within West Lothian as either a Primary or Secondary gritting route, not all roads and footpaths are gritted.
- Gritting Routes and Winter Maintenance Enquiries Please use the online form below should you have any gritting route or winter maintenance enquiries.
- M8 and M9 Motorway maintenance Customers who wish to report new road defects, gritting issues, potholes, litter etc. on the M8 and M9 trunk roads should contact Amey via the following details: