1. Early Learning & Childcare (ELC) 2 year old provision
Find out more information about the Early Learning & Childcare 2 year old provision.
Your child may be eligible for 600 hours of early learning & childcare provision as a 2 year old from the start of the first term after his/her second birthday. He/she would be eligible if you are his/her parent or carer and if you are in receipt of one or more of the qualifying benefits listed below or you are a kinship carer or parent appointed guardian through section 7 of the Children (Scotland) Act 1995:-
- Income Support
- Job Seekers Allowance (income based)
- Employment Support Allowance (income based)
- Incapacity Benefit or Severe Disablement Allowance
- Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (CTC) but not Working Tax Credit (WTC) and your income is below £16,105
- Both maximum CTC and WTC with income less than £6,420
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- Universal Credit - monthly earned income for your household does not exceed £610. Universal Credit use the term "take-home pay".
You will find further guidance in:
- 1-ELC 2 Year Olds - Policy Document [116kb] and
- 1-ELC 2 Year Olds – Guidance Flow Chart [116kb]
- 1-ELC 2 Year Olds - DWP Form [84kb]
How to do I apply?
You can apply using the Application for an Early Learning and Childcare place for a 2 year old online form.