Apply for Planning Permission
Apply for planning permission, find out the planning fee and other consents which might be required. The Government's ePlanning website makes submitting an application quick and easy.
- How to submit a Planning Application Planning applications can be submitted easily and speedily online using the Government's ePlanning service.
- Information on ePlanning You can use ePlanning when submitting a planning application.
- Planning application fees The scale of fees for applications is set by the Scottish Government through The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications and Deemed Applications) (Scotland).
- Pre-application consultation for major applications For major applications the applicant must carry out a community consultation exercise for certain types of development before a formal planning application is made.
- Planning Permission in Principle This is an application for the principle of development only, commonly used for housing applications from a single house to a large developer.
- Full Planning Permission You will normally need full planning permission for a new building, or if you want to change the use of a building.
- Householder Application How to apply for planning permission if you intend to alter or extend a house or flat.
- Advertisement Consent How to apply for permission to display advertisements on land or buildings.
- Listed Building and Conservation Area Consent Listed buildings and conservation areas are subject to special protection, because of their importance locally or nationally.
- High Hedges If you feel that a neighbour's hedge is affecting you by blocking your light you can apply to the council to serve a High Hedge Notice on the owner of the hedge. The fee for this is £401, which you must pay when you make the application.
- Tree Works If you are contemplating any works to a protected tree or trees or to find out whether a tree is protected, please contact Development Management for professional advice.
- Non material variation For minor alterations to a planning permission which hasn't been implemented, and which don't in themselves require planning permission
- Application for the modification or discharge of a planning obligation If you feel that an existing legal agreement signed as part of a planning consent is no longer required, or should be amended, you can apply to have the agreement modified or discharged completely.
- Prior notification and prior approval This form is for: proposed farm or forestry building works, freestanding domestic micro-wind turbines and domestic air-source heat pumps, or the demolition of a residential building or a structure attached to a residential building.
- Certificates of initiation and completion Use the links below to access forms to let us know when you start or finish your development.