Apply for Planning Permission
Find out the planning fee and other consents which might be required. The Government's ePlanning website makes submitting an application quick and easy.
- How to submit a Planning Application Planning applications can be submitted easily and speedily online using the Government's ePlanning service.
- Information on ePlanning You can use ePlanning when submitting a planning application.
- Planning application fees The scale of fees for applications is set by the Scottish Government through The Town and Country Planning (Fees for Applications and Deemed Applications) (Scotland).
- Pre-application consultation for major applications For major applications the applicant must carry out a community consultation exercise for certain types of development before a formal planning application is made.
- Planning Permission in Principle This is an application for the principle of development only, commonly used for housing applications from a single house to a large developer.
- Full Planning Permission You will normally need full planning permission for a new building, or if you want to change the use of a building.
- Householder Application How to apply for planning permission if you intend to alter or extend a house or flat.
- Advertisement Consent How to apply for permission to display advertisements on land or buildings.
- Listed Building and Conservation Area Consent Listed buildings and conservation areas are subject to special protection, because of their importance locally or nationally.
- High Hedges If you feel that a neighbour's hedge is affecting you by blocking your light you can apply to the council to serve a High Hedge Notice on the owner of the hedge. The fee for this is £401, which you must pay when you make the application.
- Tree Works If you are contemplating any works to a protected tree or trees or to find out whether a tree is protected, please contact Development Management for professional advice.
- Non material variation For minor alterations to a planning permission which hasn't been implemented, and which don't in themselves require planning permission
- Application for the modification or discharge of a planning obligation If you feel that an existing legal agreement signed as part of a planning consent is no longer required, or should be amended, you can apply to have the agreement modified or discharged completely.
- Prior notification and prior approval This form is for: proposed farm or forestry building works, freestanding domestic micro-wind turbines and domestic air-source heat pumps, or the demolition of a residential building or a structure attached to a residential building.
- Certificates of initiation and completion Use the links below to access forms to let us know when you start or finish your development.