Search site

Trading Licences

West Lothian Council as a licensing authority, carries out the administration of licensing in relation to activities for which licences are required, including the licensing of street traders, metal dealers and second hand dealers along with a large amount of other activities as specified in the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982.

Information relating to various civic licences can be accessed using the links below.

Under legislation certain business requires an operator's licence and also an Employee Licence, this is to ensure public safety.  Business types that may require to be licensed are: