A wide range of funding is available from a number of sources including the UK and Scottish Governments, the European Union and numerous charitable trusts. Many of these schemes are available to organisations in West Lothian.
- Voluntary Organisations West Lothian Council commissions a wide range of voluntary organisations to provide specific social and community-based services that support individuals and communities most in need.
- Heritage Lottery Fund West Lothian is a designated priority area for the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) under its Strategic Framework for 2013 to 2018.
- West Lothian Development Trust What is the West Lothian Development Trust Fund? The West Lothian Development Trust fund is money received from windfarm developments in West Lothian.
- The West Lothian LEADER Programme 2014-2020 LEADER is a European grant scheme that delivers support for rural communities in West Lothian.
- Village Improvement Fund West Lothian Council has established a Village Improvements Fund. The £1.65 million fund will be phased over five years.
- West Lothian Third Sector Ambition Fund West Lothian Council has allocated time limited funding of £200,000 to create a Third Sector Ambition Fund which has been confirmed as part of the council's budget for 2017/18. The purpose of fund is to enable third sector organisations to increase their capacity to improve and grow existing and new services.