A wide range of funding is available from a number of sources including the UK and Scottish Governments, the European Union and numerous charitable trusts. Many of these schemes are available to organisations in West Lothian.
- Voluntary Organisations West Lothian Council commissions a wide range of voluntary organisations to provide specific social and community-based services that support individuals and communities most in need.
- Heritage Lottery Fund West Lothian is a designated priority area for the Heritage Lottery Fund (HLF) under its Strategic Framework for 2013 to 2018.
- West Lothian Development Trust What is the West Lothian Development Trust Fund? The West Lothian Development Trust fund is money received from windfarm developments in West Lothian.
- The West Lothian LEADER Programme 2014-2020 LEADER is a European grant scheme that delivers support for rural communities in West Lothian.
- Town Centre Fund - Capital Grant 2019/20 In February 2019 the Scottish Government announced a new £50million for a Town Centre Fund for 2019/20. For the purposes of the funding is aimed at towns of 1,000 or more, which equates to 484 towns across Scotland, 23 are in West Lothian. This resulted in an allocation of £1.826 million to West Lothian.