Why West Lothian?
West Lothian's strategic location between Edinburgh and Glasgow makes it Scotland's Hub. It has the youngest, fastest growing population in Scotland, a business friendly community and a track record in attracting inward investors.
Excellent Transport Links and Accessibility
- 60% of Scotland's population within a 60 minute radius
- 15 minutes drive from Edinburgh Airport
- 30 minutes to Edinburgh and Glasgow City Centres
Affordable Accommodation and Costs
- Considerable savings can be made on the cost of city centre business accommodation.
- Existing space is available on flexible lease terms or we can fast track you to purpose built solutions.
- 30% lower property costs than Edinburgh
Enterprise Area Status Locations - two in Broxburn and one in Eliburn, Livingston
West Lothian Enterprise Area is a key strand of the West Lothian Economic Growth Plan. The three sites in West Lothian focus on food and drink manufacturing. Companies setting up within the West Lothian Enterprise Area will benefit from:
- Non-domestic rates relief of up to £220,000 over four years
- Streamlined approach to planning
- High-speed broadband connectivity
- Intensive site promotion by Scottish Development International and assistance to help companies internationalise
- Bespoke skills and training support for locating firms
Highly Skilled People
With Scotland's youngest and fastest growing population, West Lothian has to be a serious contender when considering relocation options.
- 35% of the West Lothian workforce are qualified to HND, degree and Higher degree level (NVQ 4 equivalent and above)
- 9 Universities within easy reach of West Lothian with 2 further education colleges located in West Lothian.
A Quality Lifestyle and Working Environment
The quality of life and working environment in West Lothian is second to none, with a unique blend of modern business parks, a choice of quality town and country living and an enviable mix of leisure and retail facilities.
A Dynamic Local Economy
West Lothian's dynamic local economy provides a supportive backdrop to fast growing companies. More people are choosing West Lothian as the location for a new business and the area is increasingly being recognised as the natural home for science, technology and service based industries.
Business Friendly Solutions
Integrated support for business, development area status, a forward thinking planning authority and excellent business networks enable West Lothian to assemble tailored packages for individual businesses and give West Lothian a competitive advantage in delivering solutions for relocating businesses.
Whatever the scale of the facility you are planning, West Lothian Council's Business Gateway team is keen to assist you. Our team of advisers work closely with other parts of the Council and many other partner organisations. Their role is to make your move as easy as possible.
Your key contact for information and assistance with relocating to West Lothian is Jim Henderson, Business Gateway Manager. Tel: 01506 283084 or email: email@example.com.