Advice and guidance for Home safety
- Asbestos - What you need to know This page gives information on asbestos - what it is, why it is a problem and how it should be dealt with
- Carbon Monoxide (CO) Detector Information on Carbon Monoxide detection.
- Free Home Security for Pensioners Scheme The Home Security Project has been delivered since 2000 by West Lothian Council. Its purpose is to offer a range of simple home security measures to pensioners living in West Lothian.
- Gas Servicing and Maintenance West Lothian Council has a legal duty to ensure that gas appliances, gas piping and flues provided for tenants use are well maintained and safe.
- Smoke Alarms The smoke detector is designed to give early warning of developing fires by detecting smoke that comes into its sensing chamber.
- Whole House Electrical System Safety Check
- Water Hygiene The importance of water hygiene While rented premises are generally very low risk it is important to implement measures to assure the hygiene of the water supply.
- Gas Escapes Any gas escape is considered and emergency. This is defined in the Gas safety (Installation and Use) Regulations. This article advises how an escape should dealt with.