Advice and guidance for Home improvement
- Assisted Decoration Scheme, 2015 to 2017 Information on the councils assisted decoration scheme for council tenants.
- Compensation for Improvements Information on Compensation for Improvements to Council Houses you may be entitled to.
- External painting of your home Information on what to consider if WLC are painting the exterior of your council house
- Installation of External Lighting Information on what happens when we carry out a programme of external light installations at council houses
- Installation of new Kitchen and/or Bathroom Information if your council house is part of a programme of kitchen and /or bathroom replacement.
- Installation of Smoke Detection System Mains smoke detectors (that do not need batteries) are being installed in council houses
- Roof and Render Works Some information on roof and render works to council houses.
- Whole House Electrical System Safety Check Information on what happens when we check the safety of the electrical wiring in your council home. We will also renew fuse boxes where required and carry out any electrical system repairs that are necessary.
- Window Refurbishment Programme Information on a replacement/refurbishment programme for your council home during which we will remove and replace windows, fixtures and fittings.
- Smells and Odours in Homes Every home has it own smell, but sometimes homes can be affected by unpleasant or unusual smells
- Smoke Alarms The smoke detector is designed to give early warning of developing fires by detecting smoke that comes into its sensing chamber.
- Equipment and Adaptations - What you need to know Information on Equipment and Adaptations that may be available to you.