Advice about Council housing
Advice and guidance for Council housing
- Applying for a house - What you need to know Information on applying for a house with West Lothian Council.
- Enhanced Estates Management A dedicated Estates Management Team clean and maintain communal staircases, landings, entrance halls and other areas in and around blocks of flats and maisonettes on Council estates.
- Right to Repair The Right to Repair Scheme enables you to have certain small essential repairs, called 'qualifying repairs', done within a maximum time-scale set by the government.
- Mutual Exchange- What you need to know. A Mutual Exchange is where a tenant of West Lothian Council swaps houses with another Scottish Secure Tenant of West Lothian Council, a Housing Association or of another Local Authority.
- Preparing for your new home Some tips on Preparing For Your New Home
- Relocation Grant This is a grant which will be awarded to Council Tenants to help them move from a house they are seriously under-occupying, to a house more suitable for their needs, which is at least 2 bedrooms smaller.