Nationality Document Return Service and Passport Application Checking
If you would like a passport we can also check your passport application for an additional cost.
Nationality Document Return Service
The Nationality Document Return Service (NDRS) allows those applying online, to become a British Citizen, the opportunity to retain their original supporting documents while their application is being processed.
We will photocopy and stamp your supporting documents and send them Royal Mail Special Delivery to UKVI. This is for AN and MN1 applications only.
We are unable to provide you with any advice regarding your application, eligibility or documents you need to provide.
This service is by appointment only and must be within 10 days of submitting your online application. To make an appointment please phone
Bring the following to your NDRS appointment:
- The checklist generated from your online application showing your PNN number.
- Identification (e.g. Passport)
- Photograph (1)
- Knowledge of Life in the UK Certificate
- Printed Referee Sheet
- Supporting documents
On completion of the appointment you will be provided with a courier tracking reference number for your records.
If wish to apply for your first British Passport with your Citizenship Application (JCAP)
Passport Application Checking Service
If have applied for your British Citizenship online direct to the Home Office, you can only use our passport application service in conjunction with the Nationality Document Return Service.
Passport application section to be completed
- Complete sections 1,2,3,4,6 (if applicable) and 9 of the passport application form.
You do not need to complete section 10 or have your photographs certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizenship application.
The three photographs you submit with both applications must be identical (taken at the same sitting) and comply with the photo standards in the application guidance on the Home Office Website. You do not need to get these photos certified as details of referees will be collected as part of your citizen application.
Guidance for completing your Passport application
Please complete all sections on the passport application form except section 10.
- Section 2 - Do not enter a mobile number in section 2 of the application form. Please enter it in section 8.
- Section 4 - Grandparents details are not required.
- You must complete the payment mandate on Page 25 of the application guidance. Please ensure that the security number of the card is entered in the appropriate box.
Please also note that anyone applying for a passport who is 15 years of age or over must attend the appointment in person.
If you are unsure about any requirements, leave the section of the form blank and complete it at your document return appointment.
Cost for Joint Document Return Service and Passport application.
The costs for the passport application checking service are as follows;
- Single adult (over the age of 18 years ) £15
- Single Child (0-17 years) £15.
- Single Adult (over the age of 18 years) £55.00
- Single Child (0-17 years) £55.00
- The costs for a joint Citizenship and passport application checking service are as follows;
- Single adult (over the age of 18 years ) £70
- Single Child (0-17 years) £70
The cost of your passport will be taken by the Home Office on the approval of your application.
To arrange an Appointment please call Bathgate 01506 282914 or 01506 282913.