Childrens Play Areas
NEW: Please view consultation below to give input on your new play area (also artist impression where noted).
- Lanthorn, Dedridge - click here (new window)
Please view the artist impression of your play area:
- Hollybank, East Calder (artist impression) - click here
- Wilson Terrace, Broxburn (artist impression) - click here
- Craigs Park, Craigshill, Livingston - (artist impression) - click here
- Westrigg, Blackridge - (artist impression) - click here
- Orchard Place, Eliburn - (artist impression coming soon)
- Redmill Park, East Whitburn - (artist impression coming soon)
Play parks we are upgrading in the year 2013/2014 are: -
- Craigs Park, Craigshill, Westrigg Public Park, Blackridge, Lanthorn, Dedridge, Wateryett, Linlithgow and Greig Crescent, Armadale - The Play Practice.
- Wilson Terrace, Broxburn (view poster here) and Hollybank, East Calder (view poster here) - Sutcliffe Play Scotland.
- Redmill Park, East Whitburn and Orchard Place, Eliburn - Hags SMP.
Play areas upgraded in 2012/13 are:-
- Almondell Country Park, East Calder, Deanburn, Linlithgow, Bridgend, Talisman Rise, Dedridge, Bridgcastle (The Play Practice)
- Spottiswoode, Mid Calder, Almond Greenway, Craigshill, Almondell Flats, Broxburn (Jupiter Play)
- Broxburn Sports Centre, Glenwood, Armadale (Hags Playgrounds)
2 new skate parks at: -
- Knightsridge Adventure Playground (The Play Practice)
- Craigton Park, Winchburgh (Hags Playgrounds)
Improving play areas
The policy of improving play areas in West Lothian has been proceeding for a number of years. Opportunities to participate in play activities are essential to the healthy mental, physical, social and emotional development of children. The main objectives are to ensure that children have accessible, safer, inclusive fun and stimulating play environments.
Become a friend of a park
If you would like to find out more about what's happening or become a friend of a park then please contact Becky Plunkett on 01506 766542 or email email@example.com
If you would like to request a new play area for your community or you wish to report a problem with the existing play area then please contact the Customer Service Centre on 01506 775000 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Service Standards for Play Area Maintenance:
- Inspect and maintain play areas on a weekly basis all year round
- Conduct annual independent inspection of all sites
- Make safe dangerous or vandalised equipment within 24 hours