- Parks, gardens and open spaces
- Almondvale Park Study
- Junior Environmental Teams
- Open Space Strategy
- Parks, gardens and open spaces - Garden Maintenance Scheme
- Parks, gardens and open spaces - facilities, information and events
- Parks, gardens and open spaces - location and facilities
- Parks, gardens and open spaces - management and maintenance
Almondvale Park Study
ALMONDVALE PARK CONSULTATION
Thanks to everyone who took part in the Almondvale Park survey - a summary of the results can be found here:
A report on the Almondvale Park Study was approved by the Council Executive on 21 May 2013. Click here (new window) to view the full report.
The council has allocated funds through our 2014/15 park improvement programme to carry out some of the most popular park improvements from the survey.
These may include (depending on costs):
- Converting the existing amphitheatre into a natural play area for the park
- Lighting and decorating the underpasses to make them feel safer and more welcoming
- Creating paved plazas for socializing
- Moving the cycle path away from the road and into the park to encourage cycling
- Creating an events space for community events
- Planting new plants along the riverbank to increase the wildlife value of the river edges
- Providing interpretation boards for informal learning about local wildlife
Dedridge Environment Ecology Project have already improved the confluence of the Dedridge Burn and the River Almond, as part of their Dedridge Burn improvements. This is a great start to improving the whole Almondvale area and something which the council can now expand on.
If you would like to be kept up-to-date with the park improvement process, please contact Becky Plunkett, Community Greenspace Officer, at email@example.com or on 01506 776542.