- Criminal and Youth Justice Service
- Bail Services
- Children and young people who offend
- Community Payback Order
- Court Orders involving Unpaid Work in the community
- Court Services
- Court reports
- Diversion from Prosecution Scheme
- Drug Treatment and Testing Orders (DTTO)
- Fines and Compensation Orders
- Prison Social Work at Addiewell Prison
- Prison Through-care and Aftercare
- Probation Orders
- Restriction of Liberty Orders
- Risk Assessment and Management
- West Lothian's Criminal Justice Teams and their services
- Working with people - confidentiality, communication, consultation and comments
Criminal and Youth Justice Teams, and their services.
The number of services run by the Criminal Justice Social Work Service has increased dramatically in the past ten years. We note here the structure of our service, to help you understand the different teams and the services that each one provides.
Senior Manager ( Young People, Public Protection & Reducing Reoffending) - Tim Ward
Senior management responsibility for some elements of children's services, and for Criminal and Youth Justice Services. Strategic responsibility for all Public Protection outcomes and objectives.
Group Manager (Criminal and Youth Justice Services) - Gillian Oghene
The Group Manager has overall responsibility for the delivery of our services on a day-to-day basis. She also works with other CJ managers in South-east Scotland to develop services within the Lothian and Borders Community Justice Authority, and co-operates with other CJ managers across Scotland on the planning, implementation and delivery of new national services.
Assessment and Early Intervention Team (Manager - Linda Probka)
- Provision of Court Duty service at Livingston Court.
- Preparation of all Court Reports on people aged 18+ awaiting sentence who are not current users of CJ services.
- Bail Services - Bail Information and Bail Supervision
Community Payback Team (Managers - Viv Murphy (Supervision) and Kevin Russell (Unpaid Work))
Supervision of all people aged 18+ sentenced to:
- Probation Order, either as a sentence in its own right or with additional conditions.
- Community Service Order (including Unpaid Work as a condition of a Probation Order).
To find out more about how the Community Payback Team could help your organisation, see here.
- Running of the Constructs: Positive Steps to Stop Offending groupwork programme.
- Running of other groupwork programmes.
Criminal Justice Throughcare Team (Manager - Emma Feesey)
The Team Manager also has responsibility for tasks related to Sexual and Violent Offenders Liaison.
The Team is responsible for:
- Liaison with prisoners, their families and the prisons prior to release
- Supervision of all prisoners released on Parole or Non-Parole Licences, post-release orders or Extended Sentences
- Provision of Voluntary Aftercare to short-term prisoners.
- Management of the Supported Tenancies project
Drug Treatment and Testing Order Team (Manager - Sharon Oxley)
- Pre-sentence assessment of offenders for their suitability for an intensive treatment programme
- Management of Drug Treatment and Testing Orders
Youth Justice Team (Manager - Kevin Carter)
Works with young people aged from 12 to 18 years of age, both through the Childrens Hearing and Criminal Justice systems. The team focuses on young people who are assessed as medium to high risk of re-offending who are made subject to Children's Hearing Supervision Requirements and Community Payback Orders.
HMP Addiewell Prison-based Social Work Team (Manager - Mary Graham) (based at Addiewell Prison)
Service Development Officer - Paul Streater
- Planning and implementation of services, performance review and publicity.
Administration Team (Manager - Fiona Muir)
- Provision of direct administrative support to each of the teams noted above
- General support functions - eg reception and telephone duties