The Occupational Therapy Service is part of Social Policy and aims to support people to live at home longer. The service promotes independence for children, adults and older people who have a physical, mental or learning difficulty by giving advice on how to carry out tasks differently, by lending equipment to assist with self care tasks, recommending alterations to property to make the environment more accessible and signposting to other agencies for further support and advice.
An occupational therapist can help anyone having problems in their daily life. We may be able to help if you are:
- having difficulty coping with everyday tasks at home
- at risk of being admitted to hospital or residential care due to loss of independence
- terminally ill
- suffering from a sudden traumatic illness such as a stroke or head injury
- suffering from a long term condition which has deteriorated or flared up such as arthritis or multiple sclerosis
- a carer or someone with a disability who needs advice and support
Please see our service leaflet in the Downloadable Documents section below.
The Occupational Therapy Service has a standard to allocate cases within 6 weeks of receipt of referral and to allocate high priority cases within 7 days (please see link below in Downloadable Documents section for recent performance).
Occupational Therapy Service
Strathbrock Partnership Centre
189a West Main Street
Tel. 01506 775666
Out of Hours Service
The Social Care Emergency Team (24 hour service) can deal with urgent problems outwith normal office hours.
Tel. 01506 281028 or 281029.
- Occupational Therapy - Guide to Services (PDF, 265 Kb)
- Occupational Therapy - Performance Against Standards leaflet (PDF, 15 Kb)
- Occupational Therapy - Performing Well 2012-13 (PDF, 30 Kb)
- Occupational Therapy - Self Selection Booklet and Form (PDF, 1.46 Mb)
- Occupational Therapy and Technology (PDF, 3 Mb)
- Occupational Therapy Complaints Analysis - 2011 (PDF, 35 Kb)
- Occupational Therapy Customer Consultation Report - 2011 (PDF, 35 Kb)
- Occupational Therapy Service Criteria - 2010 (PDF, 90 Kb)