- Domestic violence - DASAT
- About us
- Art therapy group
- Children and Young people service
- Contact us
- DASAT Training
- How DASAT can help
- LISA (LIving in Safe Accommodation) service
- Protection of vulnerable adults
- Rape and Sexual Assault Service
- Service for adult survivors of domestic and sexual abuse
- Women's services
Protection of vulnerable adults
The inter-agency Protection of Vulnerable Adults guidelines (see link below) have been produced as a response to the growing awareness and documentation of the range, level and frequency of abuse towards vulnerable adults. For a considerable time there have been agreed, joint procedures to deal with Child Protection and in 1994 the, then, Lothian Regional Council produced an inter-agency document concerning the abuse of older people. This guidance aims to update and broaden those guidelines to take account of the needs of all vulnerable adults, in the light of the Adults With Incapacity Act.
There is also a leaflet called "Making Choices, Keeping Safe" available to download which deals with relationships and sexual health for people with learning disabilities.