- Social Care and Health
- About us
- Art therapy group
- Children and Young people service
- Contact us
- DASAT Training
- How DASAT can help
- LISA (LIving in Safe Accommodation) service
- Protection of vulnerable adults
- Rape and Sexual Assault Service
- Service for adult survivors of domestic and sexual abuse
- Women's services
Domestic violence - West Lothian Domestic and Sexual Assault Team (DASAT)
Does your partner or ex-partner make you feel afraid, try to control who you see, where you go, what you wear?
YOU HAVE CHOICES. We are here to support you.
Please call us on 01506 281055 or email email@example.com for confidential and friendly support.
In an emergency please call the police on 999.
We provide tailored support for adults and children survivors of domestic abuse and sexual assault.
How to cover your tracks online
Computers store information about the websites you visit, emails and instant messages you send, web-based phone calls you make, online purchases and banking, and many other activities.
If you are worried that someone might check what you are looking at or doing on this computer, don't use it to get help and advice. Instead, use a computer in a library, at a trusted friend's house or an internet cafe.
Keep using your computer for your routine activities, such as looking up the weather or checking what's on TV.
Clearing your web browser's history
You can clear some evidence of sites you have visited (and any searches you have done) by clearing your web browser's history.
However, this won't remove all records from your computer's memory and your partner would not have to be a computer expert to find the remaining records.
If clearing your browser's history isn't something you do regularly, DON'T do it, as this might arouse suspicion.
How to clear your browser history:
- Internet Explorer (PC): Pull down the Tools menu and select Internet Options. Click on the 'Delete Files' and 'Clear History' buttons on the general page.
- Firefox (PC and Mac): Pull down Tools menu and select 'Clear Private Data'. Tick Browsing History, Download History, Saved Form and Search History, Cache and Authenticated Sessions; then click on Clear Private Data Now.
- AOL: Pull down Members menu, select Preferences. Click on www icon. Then select Advanced, and click 'Purge Cache'.
- Safari (Mac and PC): Pull down the Safari menu, select 'Reset Safari', click on 'Reset'. (Safari also has a 'Private Browsing' option which you can choose before you browse and turn off afterwards. To use this, pull down the Safari menu, select 'Private Browsing', and click OK when you see a confirmation message. To turn private browsing off, choose it from the menu again, and close any windows you've used to view private information.)
Useful telephone numbers
Victim Support - 01506 635050
Domestic Abuse Helpline - 0800 027 1234
Childline - 8088 1111
Shakti Women's Aid - 0131 475 2399
Family Mediation Lothian - 0131 226 4507
Edinburgh Women's Rape & Sexual Assault Centre - 0131 556 9437
SCET (Social Work Emergency Team - Out of Hours Service) - 01506 281028 or 281029
West Lothian Council Housing - 01506 775000
Domestic Abuse Liaison Officer - 01506 833834
Breathing Space - 0800 838587 (Lines open Monday-Thursday, 6pm to 2am and Friday 6pm to Monday 6am)
Rape Crisis Helpline - 08088 01 03 02 (Lines open 7 days from 6pm to midnight)