Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Waste':
- Commercial waste - collection West Lothian Council runs a frequent service to collect refuse, waste paper and cardboard from commercial premises throughout the district.
- Commercial waste - special trade collections West Lothian Council runs a service to collect commercial articles that are too large to be placed in your wheeled bin.
- Fly Tipping - Dumping West Lothian Council deals with complaints about fly tipping.
- Food Waste More than 30% of the waste in an average bin is food. Food waste is a valuable resource. Using the food waste recycling service diverts this waste from landfill, allows it to be recycled and turned into valuable resources such as agricultural fertilisers and energy. More information is contained here.
- Household clinical waste collection West Lothian NHS Healthcare Trust through St John's Hospital and the council, run a service for dialysis patients which picks up medical waste from your home.
- Household waste - assisted collection If you're elderly or disabled and struggle to get your bin to the kerbside Waste Services will assess the householder for an assisted collection, whether it is a permanent or temporary situation.
- Household waste - collection West Lothian Council collects domestic refuse in all areas of the district on a regular basis. You can view your household collection calendars for your blue/grey and brown bin here
- Household waste - domestic bins Please find details of the combined blue, grey and brown bin information, contained within one calendar .
- Household waste - garden waste West Lothian Council provides BROWN Wheeled bins for your garden waste. Calendars for your brown bin uplift can be viewed here. Information can also be found here about Christmas tree recycling
- Household waste - special collections for large items Waste Services provides a special uplift service to collect bulky items
- Litter bins Information on the request of a litter bin.
- Litter removal Information on the removal and collection of litter.
- Recycling - collection sites West Lothian Council provides a range Community Recycling Centres throughout West Lothian where residents can take household items to be recycled or disposed of. Details of the Community Recycling Centres, opening hours and information on what you can recycle can be viewed here.
- Recycling - composters Home Composting is a simple way to turn your garden and kitchen waste into a useful soil enhancer for your garden, while at the same time reducing the volume of waste into you household bins.
- Skips Permits Information on obtaining a permit for a skip.