Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Trading standards':
- Animal Welfare Officer (previously Dog Warden) The Animal Welfare Officer deals with various aspects of animal welfare and licensing in West Lothian.
- Animal regulations and licences Environmental Health and Trading Standards enforce a variety of legislation relating to animals, animal health and animal feed.
- Description of goods Goods and services sold by a trader should be 'as described'. If they are not then you may be able to get a refund, replacement or compensation.
- Environmental Health - Trading Standards The main aim of Trading Standards is to protect the interests of consumers and businesses in the West Lothian Council area.
- Health and safety - trading standards The trading standards service enforces health and safety law relating to retail petrol stations, as part of the petroleum storage licensing system.
- Licences - Fireworks Displays To hold a professional fireworks display you may require a public entertainment licence.
- Licences - Poisons Trading standards enforce the provisions of the Poisons Act 1972 and the Poisons Rules 1982, prohibiting the sale of poisons unless the seller is a retail pharmacist or a person who has his name on the local authority's list of permitted sellers.
- Licences - Storage of Fireworks Trading Standards licence and register West Lothian properties in which fireworks are stored.
- Misleading advertisements The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) works to keep advertising legal, decent, honest and truthful. The ASA judges advertisements, direct marketing, and sales promotion against a set of codes.
- Product safety Trading standards enforce a wide range of safety legislation.
- Safety - delivery and storage of petrol Trading Standards ensure that the statutory provisions relating to the safe storage and use of petroleum and petroleum mixtures are adhered to.
- Storage of explosives - premises licence
- Support for businesses - trading standards and food safety
- Trading Standards - Fair Trading Trading Standards advise and educate consumers, and provide advice to businesses on fair trading.
- Trading Standards - Under Age Sales Trading Standards provide information and advice on age restricted products.
- Trading standards - inspection, testing and enforcement The Trading Standards service carries out its duties under consumer protection law.
- Trading standards and consumer advice The main aim of Trading Standards is to protect the interests of consumers and businesses in the West Lothian Council area.