Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Social work':
- Care and carers If you look after someone who is ill, frail, disabled, or unable to cope, then you are a carer and have a right to a carer's assessment.
- Childcare and Family Care Some children, young people and their families need help and support from us. These pages give details of the help available and also tells you how to go about getting that help.
- Children & Young people - advice, support and activities Support and advice for children and young people, and their parents, carers and families.
- Community Payback Order (CPO) The Scottish Government's new approach to community-based sentencing...
- Criminal and Youth Justice Service The part played by the Criminal & Youth Justice Service in protecting the community...
- Disabilities and adapting homes A number of aids and adaptations are available for people who are disabled or who need extra help around their home.
- Domestic violence - West Lothian Domestic and Sexual Assault Team (DASAT) Services provided by West Lothian Domestic and Sexual Assault Team (DASAT).
- Fostering - We care for West Lothian's Children. Information on fostering.
- Health and medical information
- Help for Adults West Lothian Council provides social care services for adults with a range of complex needs and disabilities
- Home care Information on the home care services provided by the council
- Mental health Mental Health services in West Lothian cover many aspects of care, from promoting better mental health in the community through to providing in-patient care for people with severe illness.
- Parental support West Lothian Council recognises the pressures on parents today and the need they have for information, strategies, support and exchange about a whole range of issues that they have to deal with.
- Prison Through-care and Aftercare How the council helps people during and after prison sentences...
- Services for older people Information on the council's support services to help older people
- Social Care Emergency Team The Social Care Emergency Team provides emergency social work services outwith normal office hours.
- Social work - adult placement The Learning Disability Independence Service provides support to vulnerable adults, e.g. placements for adults with learning disabilities and housing support to adults with a range of needs.
- Social work - direct payments Direct Payments can be made to the person who needs a service to give them greater control over the care they receive.