Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Roads':
- Accident Investigation and Prevention (AIP) The council's road accident investigation and prevention programme.
- Demand Responsive Transport Demand Responsive Transport
- Grass Highway Verges The council cuts and maintains grass roadside verges throughout West Lothian.
- Litter bins Information on the request of a litter bin.
- Pavement Obstructions Information on how to report an obstruction on a footpath.
- Permission for events, parades and demonstrations You have a right to hold processions. However, it is not an absolute right and the Council can place restrictions on it if it is necessary.
- Road Bridges The council is responsible for the local road network. There are some 742 bridges located throughout West Lothian. Of these, some 578 bridges are managed and maintained by the council. The remainder are managed and maintained by bodies such as Transport Scotland, Network Rail, British Waterways, Sustrans and British Rail Board (Residuary).
- Road Closures and Diversions Diversion routes are set up when roads or footpaths are closed to re-direct traffic. It is a legal requirement that in order to close a public road you must have Roads Authority permission, which generates a Temporary Traffic Regulation Order. You can view all road works, closures and diversions here.
- Road Works Information on the road works happening in your area.
- Roads - Drains and Gullies Information on flooding and contact information on how to report a blocked or broken drain or gully on any road or footpath.
- Roads - Spillages The Council has a responsibility to make sure any spillages onto a road or footpath is dealt with in the appropriate way. If you find a spillage onto a public road then please contact us as soon as possible, providing as much detail as possible as to the whereabouts of the spillage.
- Roads Maintenance Roads Services is responsible for maintaining the public road and footpath network throughout West Lothian.
- Roads and Pavements - Maintenance The Roads Maintenance Service, along with the Roads Operations Service, is responsible for maintaining the public road and footpath network throughout West Lothian.
- Roads and Pavements - Road Signs Road Signs are provided by the Council for road safety and information for road users.
- Snow Clearance Information on maintenance of roads and footways in winter, with details of the gritting routes for your locality and a 'live -eye' view of the roads. Included are 'Ready Winter' and Driving in Bad Weather Advice/ Information.
- Street Lighting The council is responsible for providing and maintaining good quality street lighting across the district making our communities safer, extending the leisure and working day and reducing the risk of crime.
- Street Name Plates The council is responsible for allocating street names and numbers to new developments and renaming and renumbering existing streets. It also puts up and maintains street name plates.
- Street cleaning West Lothian Council operates a street sweeping service to keep footpaths, footways and roads clear of litter and refuse.
- Tourist signs How to apply for tourist signposting in West Lothian.
- Traffic Lights The council provides and maintains a system of traffic signals and pedestrian crossings across the district to help pedestrians, motorists and cyclists move around safely.
- Vandalism - Graffiti removal If you spot graffiti contact the customer service centre on 01506 775000 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Vehicle Access - Dropped Kerbs If you want to lower a kerb or pavement - to create a driveway, for example - you must employ an approved Contractor who, in turn, must apply for a permit from Operational Services, Roads Maintenance team.
- Weight Limits There are some 742 bridges located throughout West Lothian. Of these, 4 currently have weight restrictions in place.