Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Licences':
- Becoming a Landlord and Renting Your Property Information on Becoming a Landlord
- Demonstrations and parades - granting of permission Information on organising a Gala Parade, March, Demonstration etc.
- Licences - Fireworks Displays To hold a professional fireworks display you may require a public entertainment licence.
- Licences - Poisons Trading standards enforce the provisions of the Poisons Act 1972 and the Poisons Rules 1982, prohibiting the sale of poisons unless the seller is a retail pharmacist or a person who has his name on the local authority's list of permitted sellers.
- Licences - Skin Piercing and Tattooing The Council's Licensing Service administers licences to tattoo and skin piercing businesses
- Licences - Storage of Fireworks Trading Standards licence and register West Lothian properties in which fireworks are stored.
- Licences - cinema To operate a cinema or show videos in public you require a Cinema Licence
- Licences - credit provider The 1974 Consumer Credit Act (CCA) regulates consumer credit and hire agreements for amounts up to £25,000.
- Licences - entertainment The council has various services which licence and check venues such as theatres, cinemas, sporting grounds and public entertainment sites. If you wish to hold a public entertainment you require a licence.
- Licences - fairgrounds Fairgrounds and funfairs, including those for Gala days require to be licensed within West Lothian.
- Licences - homes in multiple occupancy HMO licences are issued under the Housing (Scotland) Act 2006. This is a mandatory licence and if you operate an HMO without a licence, you are breaking the law.
- Licences - markets To operate a market you need to hold a "Market Operators Licence, this includes car boot sales or farmers markets.
- Licences - metal dealers (door to door) Metal dealers who buy and sell on a door-to-door basis must hold an 'Itinerant Metal Dealer's Licence'.
- Licences - second hand goods If you wish to sell second hand goods including used cars you will need to apply for a Second Hand Dealers Licence.
- Licences - storage of petroleum Trading standards are responsible for the issue of petroleum licences.
- Licences - street trading Sell Burgers, clean bins etc
- Licences window cleaners - business If you operate as a windows cleaner within West Lothian area you must hold a Window Cleaners Licence.
- Licences, permits and permissions
- Metal dealer- site licences Metal dealers who buy and sell from a fixed site must hold a 'Metal Dealer's Licence', this includes scrap motor vehicles dealers.
- Permission for events, parades and demonstrations You have a right to hold processions. However, it is not an absolute right and the Council can place restrictions on it if it is necessary.