Gaelic Medium Education
Click a letter to find more topics
Articles about 'Gaelic Medium Education':
- Arts & Learning Arts and Learning is an important part of West Lothian Council's Community Arts team.
- Arts and entertainment Community Arts Team aim to make the arts an integral part of community life in West Lothian.
- Arts in Education Arts Education - Curricular arts lessons are enhanced by the work of two sections of Arts Services - Arts Education Services and Instrumental Music Service
- Citizenship education Education for citizenship has an important part to play in supporting all of the Scottish Executive's National Priorities for education. West Lothian Council is committed to providing the highest quality learning and teaching within citizenship education.
- Consultations on Education Information on the latest school consultations.
- Education in hospital West Lothian provides a range of services to support the additional needs of young people who are absent from school through ill health.
- Gaelic Medium Education West Lothian Council has made arrangements with the City of Edinburgh Council for children who reside in West Lothian to be educated in Gaelic.
- Home schooling Parents are allowed to educate their children at home instead of school if they choose to do so. Under UK law it is education that is compulsory, not schooling, though the vast majority of parents do choose to send their children to school
- Instrumental Music Service School pupils in West Lothian are eligible to apply for free instrumental/vocal music lessons, delivered mostly during the school day, by teachers working for the Instrumental Music Service
- Instrumental tuition West Lothian Council's Instrumental Music Service provides free lessons to primary and secondary school pupils and opportunities to play in one of a range of bands that play locally, nationally and internationally.
- School Related Information Including information on the latest school consultations and school performance information.
- Schools - language and cultural support
- Transition between schools An application for admission form must be completed when children are due to transfer from a P3 at an infant school to P4 at a primary school. Also when transferring from primary 7 to secondary school.
This information can also be found under the following synonyms:
- English as an Additional Language
- Arts education service
- Instrumental music lessons