- Licences for businesses
- Employment byelaws for children and young people
- Licence - Knife Dealer
- Licences window cleaners - business
- Licences - Booking Offices
- Licences - Hackney carriage (taxi)
- Licences - Hackney carriage (taxi) driver
- Licences - Hire Car Enforcement
- Licences - Late Night Catering
- Licences - Skin Piercing and Tattooing
- Licences - credit provider
- Licences - markets
- Licences - metal dealers (door-to-door)
- Licences - private hire driver
- Licences - private hire vehicle operator
- Licences - second hand goods
- Licences - storage of petroleum
- Licences - street trading
- Metal dealer- site licences
- Storage of explosives - premises licence
Licences - Knife Dealer
Knife Dealers Licence
If you want to carry on business as a dealer in certain kinds of knives you will need a knife dealer's licence.
Do I need a Licence?
Yes, if you wish to carry on business as a dealer in certain types of knives (generally "non-domestic" knives), swords, blades or sharply pointed articles.
A licence is required for dealing in the following:
- knives (other than folding pocket knives whose blades do not exceed 3.5 inches (8.91cm) in length or knives designed for domestic use).
- daggers (other than kirpans or skean dhus whose blades do not exceed 3.5 inches (8.91cm) in length.
- non-domestic knife blades.
- any other article - (1) which has a blade; or (2) which is sharply pointed, and which is made or adapted for use for causing injury to the person
"Dealing" is defined as carrying on a business which includes:
- offering for sale or hire
- exposing for sale or hire
- lending, or
- giving any of the articles listed above to other persons not acting in the course of a business.
Are you eligible to apply?
Any person may make an application to operate as a knife dealer.
Fees for a licence application and renewal received before 1 April 2013:
- Initial Grant (1 Year) = £150.00
- Renewal (1 Year) = £150.00
Fees for a licence application and renewal received after 1 April 2013:
- Initial Grant (1 Year) = £155.25
- Renewal (1 Year) = £155.25
Application forms can be downloaded from the link at the bottom of this page. Further information about the licence process may be obtained from Licensing Team on 01506 281632 , or by e-mail.