- Licences for businesses
- Employment byelaws for children and young people
- Licence - Knife Dealer
- Licences window cleaners - business
- Licences - Booking Offices
- Licences - Hackney carriage (taxi)
- Licences - Hackney carriage (taxi) driver
- Licences - Hire Car Enforcement
- Licences - Late Night Catering
- Licences - Skin Piercing and Tattooing
- Licences - credit provider
- Licences - markets
- Licences - metal dealers (door-to-door)
- Licences - private hire driver
- Licences - private hire vehicle operator
- Licences - second hand goods
- Licences - storage of petroleum
- Licences - street trading
- Metal dealer- site licences
- Storage of explosives - premises licence
Licences - private hire driver
All private hire car (PHC) drivers operating within West Lothian must hold a current PHC driver's licence issued by the council. This licence forms part of the taxi and private hire car licensing scheme administered by the council under the Civic Government (Scotland) Act 1982. To apply for a PHC driver's licence you must be 18 or over and have held a full DVLA driving licence for 12 months.
Please read the guidance notes attached to the application form on this page before completing and lodging your application.
All applications are referred to Lothian and Borders Police for a vetting check and the application is not subject to the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 so all offences must be declared regardless of how old they are. In addition, applicants may be required to undergo a medical check.
Applications must be determined by the council within 6 months of receipt. However, most applications are dealt with in a shorter period.
Fees for a licence application or renewal received after 1 April 2013:
- 3 year initial grant £154.11
- 3 year renewal £130.41
Updated: 1 May 2013