- Birth, still birth, death, marriage, civil partnership
- Birth Registration
- Birth, marriage and death extracts
- Civil Partnerships
- Death - advice and support
- Death - funerals and cremations
- Death - repatriation of bodies
- Marriage - ceremonies
- Marriage - registering a place of worship
- Registering a stillbirth
Registering a Civil Partnership
A Civil Partnership between same sex couples can be registered anywhere in Scotland.
By registering their partnership, couples will acquire legal rights and responsibilities.
Provided that they are:
- both at least 16 years of age on the day they wish to register their civil partnership
- both of the same sex
- not related to each other in any way which would prevent them registering their civil partnership
- both unmarried or not already registered as a civil partner - any person who has already been married or registered as a civil partner must produce documentary evidence.
- capable of understanding the nature of a civil partnership and of validly consenting to its formation
Each partner must complete and submit a civil partnership notice form, along with the required documentation and fees to the registration office for the district in which the Civil Partnership is to be held.
For futher information please telephone 01506 281897 or 01506 282916