- Animal regulations and licences
- Birth, Death or Still Birth
- Data Protection, Freedom of Information and Records Management
- Environment and pollution regulations
- Environmental health and food safety
- Fire safety regulations
- Health and safety
- Licences, permits and permissions
- Police, courts and criminal justice
- Trading Standards and consumer advice
Law and licensing
West Lothian Council has a variety of statutory responsibilities. Services range from registering births, deaths, marriages and civil partnerships, Civic Government Licensing, West Lothian Licensing Board, monitoring and enforcing litter and dog fouling regulations. Along with the vital work carried out by our dedicated Trading Standards and Environmental Health teams.
Advice, support and conciliation service on the supply of goods and services to consumers.
SPG documents and developer contribution policies for applicants.
Confidential help and advice on a range of issues.
Find a planning application using our online system...