- Education and learning
- Children with Additional Learning Needs
- Parental support - babysitting and childminding
- Parental support - benefits and grants
- Parental support - criminal justice
- Parental support - family centres
- Parental support - health and well-being
- Parental support - mentoring schemes
- Parental support - schools and education
- Parental support - student awards and loans
West Lothian Council recognises the pressures on parents today and the need they have for information, strategies, support and exchange about a whole range of issues that they have to deal with. We help meet that need in a way that respects parents' abilities and opinions. If you are a parent, whether you are feeling quite confident and just need information on a particular topic or whether you feel you really need to change your approach in some way, we aim to assist you to find something that will help.
Sure Start West Lothian
The aim of Sure Start is to give very young children (from pre-birth to 3 years) the best possible start by working closely with parents and other local authority, health and voluntary agencies to provide a more cohesive service for parent and child in a non-stigmatising way. Through the provision of a range of services provided in each locality we hope to improve children's social and emotional development, their health and their ability to learn and to strengthen families and communities. For more information please refer to the Sure Start West Lothian website which can be accessed from the links at the right of this page.
Parenting West Lothian
This is a steering group which has been set up to provide information and assistance to promote positive parenting. For more information please refer to the Parenting West Lothian website which can be accessed from the links at the right of this page.