Young People - Activities and advice
The purpose of youth work in West Lothian is to support young people aged 10-25 years to help develop their potential both as individuals and as members of the community by:
- Building self esteem and self confidence
- Developing the ability to manage personal and social relationships
- Creating learning and developing new skills
- Encouraging positive group atmospheres
- Building the capacity of young people to consider risk, make reasoned decisions and take control
- Developing a world view which widens horizons and invites social commitment.