- Childcare, school and educational grants
- Childcare - services for childminders
- Early years grant
- Education maintenance allowance
- Free School Meals
- Musical instruments - assisted purchase scheme
- Nursery and childminding grants
- School Clothing Grants
- Schools - breakfast clubs
- Schools - travel grants
- Wraparound Care
Musical instruments - assisted purchase scheme
The Assisted Instrument Purchase Scheme enables pupils at local education authority schools to purchase instruments free from VAT. The scheme is intended to support the progress of a young player by providing greater access to quality instruments at a low cost. This procedure has the full approval of HM Customs & Excise.
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
The assisted instrument purchase scheme is strictly for pupils attending community schools who receive musical tuition as part of the curriculum. This allows students to purchase new instruments without paying VAT.