- Childcare, school and educational grants
- Childcare - services for childminders
- Early years grant
- Education maintenance allowance
- Free School Meals
- Musical instruments - assisted purchase scheme
- Nursery and childminding grants
- School Clothing Grants
- Schools - breakfast clubs
- Schools - travel grants
- Wraparound Care
Early years grant
The Government has introduced Working Tax Credit and Child Tax Credit to help families with the cost of childcare. Local Jobcentres or HM Revenue and Customs (new window) will help parents work out if they are eligible for tax credits.
Call 0800 300 3941 for more information on the above.
Pupil Placement or the School Placement Panel will grant applications for a grant-funded place with a partner provider (playgroup nursery or private nursery) that is offering appropriate education sessions. They may provide a set number of places. Pre-school education grants are paid directly to partner providers.