West Lothian Development Trust Funds
What is the West Lothian Development Trust Fund?
The West Lothian Development Trust fund is money received from windfarm developments in West Lothian. The purpose of the fund is to assist communities within 10km of any windfarm development.
The West Lothian Development Trust fund is administered through the West Lothian Development Trust, a Trust set up to administer and manage the funds. The trust comprises of members from the communities within 10km of the developments, West Lothian Council and the windfarm developers. West Lothian Council provides administrative support to the trust.
70% of all funding received will be spent in communities within 5km of any windfarm development. The remaining 30% will be spent within 10km
Purpose of the fund
The fund is to support the development of projects in communities within 10km of any windfarm development. Projects should meet one of the following priorities:
- Relieve poverty, advance education or social purposes beneficial to an eligible community
- Promote and encourage environmental improvement or enhancement
- Secure investment, create employment, implement training, promote or secure sustainable development
- Provide or assist in the provision of renewable energy
The Trust administers two grant funds, one from Blacklaw Windfarm and one from Pateshill Windfarm. Both grant funds have two strands of funding, a small grants fund of up to £2,000 and a main grants fund of up to £25,000. A maximum of 70% intervention rate applies to both grants. There are seperate application forms for each grant fund.
Eligible areas for the Blacklaw Fund
Eligible areas for Pateshill fund:
The West Lothian Development Trust meets bi monthly to assess applications. Closing date for main grants applications for both funds are:
- 31st January
- 31st March
- 31st May
- 29th July
- 30th September
- 30th November
Application forms, guidance notes and information on the Trust can be downloaded here: