Elections and voting
The next scheduled elections are due to be held in 2014, with the European Election taking place on 22nd May and the Independence Referendum taking place on 18th September.
To register to vote or to get a postal vote, please contact the Electoral Registration Officer, Lothian Valuation Joint Board, 17A South Gyle Crescent, Edinburgh, EH12 9FL, call 0131 344 2500, or email email@example.com
For more information on elections and voting generally, please visit www.aboutmyvote.co.uk (new window)
The council is carrying out a review of its polling districts and polling places. We want to ensure that all voters have reasonable facilities for voting and make sure that polling places are accessible to all voters, including those with a disability. If you live in the Livingston or the Linlithgow and East Falkirk Parliamentary Constituencies and you want to have your say regarding your polling place then we would like to hear from you - especially if you can suggest a better alternative. We would welcome comments from any person or body with expertise in access for persons with any type of disability. Information on polling districts, current polling places, and Returning Officer representations are available below.
We can accept representations from you up to 1st November 2013. Email firstname.lastname@example.org or sent them to
The Election Office, West Lothian Council, The Civic Centre, Howden South Road, Livingston, EH54 6FF.
Please note that the council is required to publish all responses recieved on its website and make copies available for public inspection.
- Current Arrangements, Returning Officer Representations and Proposals (PDF, 56KB)
- Notice of Polling Place Review 2013 (PDF, 26KB)
- Polling Place Information (PDF, 7MB)
- Ward 1 Linlithgow Map (PDF, 6MB)
- Ward 2 Broxburn, Uphall and Winchburgh (PDF, 4MB)
- Ward 3 Livingston North (PDF, 6MB)
- Ward 4 Livingston South (PDF, 6MB)
- Ward 5 East Livingston and East Calder (PDF, 1.25MB)
- Ward 6 Fauldhouse and the Breich Valley (PDF, 9MB)
- Ward 7 Whitburn and Blackburn (PDF, 10MB)
- Ward 8 Bathgate (PDF, 6MB)
- Ward 9 Armadale and Blackridge (PDF, 6MB)