Guide to information available through the Model Publication Scheme:
The Freedom of Information (Scotland) Act 2002 (the Act) requires Scottish public authorities to produce and maintain a publication scheme. Authorities are under a legal obligation to:
- publish the classes of information that they make routinely available
- tell the public how to access the information and what it might cost
West Lothian Council has adopted the Model Publication Scheme 2013 produced by the Scottish Information Commissioner. The scheme has the Commissioner's approval until 31 May 2017. Please click here to view or download the Scheme.
Alternatively, contact us at the address below to request a copy:
West Lothian Council
West Lothian Civic Centre
Howden South Road
Telephone: 01506 280000
We will also be pleased to advise you on how to ask for information that we do not publish, or how to complain if you are dissatisfied with any aspect of this publication scheme.
The purpose of this Guide to Information is to:
- allow you to see what information is available (and what is not available)
- state what charges may be applied
- explain how you can find the information easily
- provide contact details for enquiries and to get help with accessing the information