This website works best using cookies. Allow cookies?




Housing and Council Tax Benefit can be claimed by contacting the council. Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit are national welfare benefits which are administered by Local Authorities on behalf of the Department for Work and Pensions (DWP).

A range of other benefits are available. The council's Advice Shop (new window) can assist you with advice in relation to other benefits and welfare information. Contact the Advice Shop on 01506 283000.

Updated 13/03/13

Local Housing Allowance

Local Housing Allowance

A new way of working out and paying Housing Benefit for tenants of private landlords.
Community grants and funding

Community grants

Funding help for West Lothian groups .
Could your family benefit?

Could your family benefit?

Help with rent and council tax.
couple looking at plans

Council services

We provide a range of services for people living, working, visiting and setting up business.
Pay your Council Tax School holiday activities click here for councillors' surgeries Click here for information on benefit changes