Storage of explosives - premises licence
Trading Standards licence and register West Lothian properties in which explosives including fireworks are stored. Those properties are regularly inspected to ensure that the explosives are safely stored and are of minimal risk to persons, animals, and property.
Relevant explosives include:
- Marine distress pyrotechnics
- Model rocket motors
- Small arms ammunition
- Airbag inflators
- Seatbelt pretensioners
For application form download the pdf document below and return with the fee.
The licensing period runs from 1st October to 30th September in any year and the fees until 31st March 2011 are as follows:
- Initial Licence (more than 250kg net): £178
- Renewal Licence: £83
- Initial Registration (up to 250kg net): £105
- Renewal Registration: £52
- Varying, transferring or replacing Licence / Registration: £35