- Council Housing
- Adaptations and Repairs
- Advice and Support
- Arrears and Evictions
- Becoming a Landlord and Renting Your Property
- Buying Your House
- Consultation Forum
- Equality in Housing
- Homelessness and Temporary Accommodation
- Improvements and Modernisation
- Parking and Garages
- Rent and Charges
- Right to Buy
- Safety and Crime
- Standards and Policies
- Tenancy and Allocations
- Tenant Participation
Adaptations and Repairs
Repairs - Our Responsibility to You
We will do all we can to carry out any repairs to council tenancies which we are responsible for within a reasonable timescale. We are responsible for buildings and the outside of the property (including common parts) and for making sure that your home is wind and water tight and reasonably fit for human habitation.
At some stage in your life you may find that your home is no longer suitable for you. This may be because you find the layout of the house difficult if you are ill, elderly or disabled.
In these circumstances you can apply to move home, or it may be better for you to have your home adapted to your needs, if it is suitable to do so. This may include:
- Installing a shower over a bath
- Changing the height of worktops and kitchen units
- Providing grab rails
Reporting a Repair - Online (new window)
For full and detailed information on all tenancy related issues and most frequently asked questions - including those mentioned here, please refer to the Tenant Handbook 2012 within the 'Downloadable Documents' section at the bottom of this page.
- Asbestos Leaflet (PDF, 194kb)
- Capital Programme - Improving your Home Leaflet (PDF, 292kb)
- Carbon Monoxide Detectors Leaflet (PDF, 663kb)
- Gas Repair Guide (PDF, 5kb)
- L. Gas Boiler Instruction - Vaillant eco-tec pro combination Boiler (PDF, 20kb)
- Repairs Leaflet (PDF, 333kb)
- Right to Repair Leaflet (PDF, 110kb)
- Smoke Alarm Leaflet (PDF, 442kb)
- Tenant Handbook 2012 (PDF, 1.89MB)
Frequently Asked Questions
Click a question to see the answer.
Only emergency repairs are carried out at weekends.