- Adaptations and Repairs
- Advice and Support
- Arrears and Evictions
- Becoming a Landlord and Renting Your Property
- Buying Your House
- Consultation Forum
- Equality in Housing
- Homelessness and Temporary Accommodation
- Improvements and Modernisation
- Parking and Garages
- Rent and Charges
- Right to Buy
- Safety and Crime
- Standards and Policies
- Tenancy and Allocations
- Tenant Participation
Council housing in West Lothian consists of a mixture of houses, flats, and sheltered housing.
Your local housing team provides a full housing service to customers in your area. This service includes:
- Repairs - inspecting and ordering
- Rent collection
- Letting empty homes
- Mutual exchanges
- Estate management - including looking after the areas around council owned homes
- Dealing with anti-social behaviour and neighbour complaints
- Dealing with non-payment of rent
- Tenancy matters - making sure that tenants stick to the terms of their tenancy agreement
For full and detailed information on all tenancy related issues and the most frequently asked questions - including those mentioned here, please refer to the Tenant Handbook 2012 within the 'Downloadable Documents' section at the bottom of this page.
Housing Strategy and Development
The Council's Housing Strategy and Development Section is responsible for a number of key aspects of service delivery to the community within West Lothian.
The section is involved in the following matters:
- Social housing new build programme
- Housing capital improvement programme
- Fuel poverty initiatives
- Housing improvements and repair grant schemes
- Council house sales
- Funding adaptations to private sector houses where people had a specific need
- Occupational therapy assessments
- Provision of aids to daily living through the Community Equipment Store based at St.John's Hospital
- Provision of Housing With Care and sheltered housing
- Provision of 'Smart Technology' to enable physically frail and disabled people to continue to live in their own homes
Applying for a Council House - West Lothian Housing Register
There are three partners of the West Lothian Housing Register who are Almond Housing Association, Weslo Housing Management and West Lothian Council. You only submit the one application for the three partners of the Register. You select which of the partners you wish to be considered by. There is no limit on how many you select.
Non - Housing Repairs
Housing and Building Services non-housing works consists of a large variety of projects.
Our service information leaflets are available in the Downloadable Documents section.
Updated - 20/02/2013